Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Break, Leaves and Toronto


Its finally here, Fall Break! After weeks and weeks of busting my butt to get to class, get to workouts, get to lab, and get to bed I finally have a few days off. With the leaves changing and the pool closing, Kristen and her family are kindly putting up with me for the elongated weekend and flying me up to Toronto to run the Toronto Half Marathon. So its off to 'Oh Canada' to see exactly were my running legs stand before Clearwater. With a flat and moderately downhill course, I am hoping to improve on my time from March and potentially run under 1:14 but who knows what the day will bring. All said I am stoked to get out of Boone Town and away from the Freak Show of old people and craft fairs that has now infested all of my cycling routes. Only a few more weeks till the show and I am looking forward to toeing the line. It has been a long hard season full of its ups and downs but I can emphatically say I am fit, lean and ready to rumble against some of the worlds best come Nov. 8th.

No comments: