Thursday, June 5, 2008

F2 IsoP Assays and 30hrs of Training - Neither makes much sense to me

Week two of summer school for those keeping track and I am now officially hired on to help out the in biochemistry labs doing really smart stuff that I don't pretend to understand. The last two days have been insane to say the least. While trying to balance four to five hours of training, I am attempting to go to school and learn all there is to know about biomechanics and working in the chemistry labs till seven or seven thirty at night. I do believe I have been bitch slapped by the real world. For all those that constantly worry about my health and more importantly my sanity, I am cutting my lab hours back to two days of seven hours (Monday and Wednesday) in order to properly prepare for my class and train full time.

Here is a peak into the wide world of Josh (TR 6/5/08) for a day:

6:00am wakeup call

615-7:45 Breakfast, shower, yoga, study F2 IsoP Assay techniques, finish biomechanics COM lab report, 'clean', watch the weather channel, think about going back to sleep

8:00-8:20 Bike to WSC for my morning swim, change clothes, flex in the mirror, stand on the pool deck for ten minutes wondering how cold the water is

8:30-9:45 Swim LCM (oh boy) with the ancient hardmen that show up to the pool in their banana hammocks

10:00-10:20 Shower, bike to school, pass school go to Stickboy, eat second breakfast, buy bread for Kristen, droll over the cinnamon buns for five minutes, realize I am late for class, buy coffee, time trial to school (again)

10:25-11:45 Biomechanics class, eat third breakfast (morning snack), drink water, look interested, think about my second swim workout

12:00-12:20 Drop off employment papers, bike to my car to get my license, kick with Kristen for five minutes, bike back to school, print lab report, eat first lunch, turn in lab report

12:20-1:00 Videography Lab

1:15-1:25 Bike to SRC pool, change clothes, flex in the mirror, stand on the pool deck wondering if this water will be warmer than this morning's

1:30 - 2:45 Swim again (faster)! 1st afternoon snack

3:00-3:20 TT home on my trusty steed (aka my mtn bike)

3:30-3:45 Ate lunch, downloaded music, changed clothes, flexed in the mirror, got on my other trusty steed (Kuota) and set out for a ride

4:00-6:00 Biked, thought about eating more food, ate more food, chanced down a herd of wild thundercats (see below for definition)

6:00-6:20 recovery run, fell in the pool, showered, started dinner

6:30-7:15 ate...a lot

7:15-8:30 Videography Lab report, listened to the Doors and Kristen coughing

9:00 Bedtime

9:30 Second dinner, second bedtime, epsom salt bath (metro moment with JR), dreamed about eating and running and lab (just kidding)

No comments: