Monday, June 23, 2008

Dr (?). Joshua Riley Wheeler (MD-Ph.D ??)

Last weekend Kristen and I traveled far and wide visiting graduate schools. Yes, I know we are nerdy for visiting graduate schools in the middle of the summer, on a Friday and during our Sophomore year but you know what I am glad we did!

First stop, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This is it. As soon as we started to walk around on campus I felt the same feeling that I had felt oh those many years ago when I first walked onto App's campus. As of late, I have decided to peruse a MD-Ph.D and Chapel Hill offers one of the premiere programs in country. Kristen and I walked around the campus for about three hours because we didn't want to do one of those stupid tours with all the high schoolers who's moms made them dress up in the middle of the summer and march around in the heat and pretend to care when really they just want to not be seen in public with their mother. That being said we got severely lost on campus but got to see parts of the campus not shown on most tours, namely the back woods behind the medical building. It was quite a sight to behold. The upside to our special tour was that we got to tour around the creepy library that we immediately dubbed as a scene out of Scooby Doo and we got to get locked out the biomedical lab building. I was able to talk to a number of students and administration that are heading up or participating in the MD-Ph.D program. I have sense revisited my undergraduate goals... Basically I have to retake a few classes, bump up my GPA by a little and score a next to impossible score of 38 on the MCAT. Fear not, I got my Princeton Review MCAT book and have started the preparation. Chapel Hill 2010...errr..2011..2011.5? here I come!

1 comment:

margie said...

I was one of those moms!!!!!!! Made Bex do the whole thing! You could so be a Dr. You can be anything. I love you
margie